Overview of Our Client’s Situation
The local chapter of a national organization had a website that was corporately created and maintained. They had very little control over certain aspects of it or the ability to customize it to their demographic. They wanted more visibility to their website because they had sold a large number of advertisements on one of their directories.
Analysis of the Situation
Their directory wasn’t very visible to the search engines. They were only getting a couple of hundred visitors a month to the business directory. One of the first things we noticed was there was some code blocking search engines from accessing their site. There were also some formatting problems with the way their URL structure.
Implementation of a Solution
The first thing we did was remove the computer code preventing access by the search engines to the business directory. The major thing we did was change the URL formatting to take advantage of the power of the national organization’s domain name, which was very important to their search engine success.
Results of Our Work
Our client immediately started seeing an increase in their search engine results. Here are more specifics:
- 1,300 % increase in website traffic in three months
- The national office started getting so much traffic within the system that their servers couldn’t handle it and they had to get new hardware to handle the phenomenal increase in website visitors.
- The national office jumped on the bandwagon and started implementing the same strategy with their other chapters.